With Christmas, its time to gift, celebrate and enjoy. So we bring you a collection of 10 Must Haves for festive days ahead. Spread the warmth and party hard.
- Fratelli brings the SETTE 2010, the sumptuous red wine which leaves one with a warm and toasty feeling is the perfect pick to add a thrill to winter festivities. A signature blend of legendry wine maker Piero Masi, Creator Fratelli Wines, SETTE is a barrel-aged red wine matured in French oak for 14 months. Handpicked by Piero, the top one percent of the grapes from Fratelli’s vineyard at Akluj go into the fulfilling of this dream. The vintage has a bouquet of Cabernet Sauvignon, Cabernet Franc and Sangiovese. With their most premium blend on offer, Fratelli hopes to make this Christmas season all the more special. Price in Mumbai: Rs 1650
- Are you celebrating this Christmas and New Year at the beach? Then The Beach Company brings to you a perfect collection of beach wear products including a red sarong which is perfectly in tune with the festivities.
- Alchemy De Luxe launches an exquisite range of candle stands and lamps this season to add warmth and cheer to your beautiful abode. Elegant in style these candle stands and lamps are available in various shapes and sizes. The candle stands are made of silver and guilding metal, where as the lamps are made of silver and copper.
- Mirari unveils its latest pieces for gifting this Christmas to liven up the day and year ahead for the little ones. Mirari’s offerings this season have something magical for every child- boy or girl, to add that extra spark and love this festival. Cute, lovable and cuddly animals have been transformed into charms, pendants & bracelets. You can choose from a wide range of beautifully enameled jewellery in 18k gold studded with diamonds & colour stones. There is a little something from Santa’s troop for everyone.
- Mustang lets you get into the Christmas theme completely as it launches a special range of Christmas inspired socks. Designed in green and red, with a tinge of white, the socks are beautifully designed with things that represent the festival.
- Toykraft let’s your kid learn creating gifts with their range of DIY games and products. For Christmas, the brand has unveiled a kit that enables the child to make an amazing table-top Christmas tree on their own. The straws, connectors & paper are used to construct the tree framework and branches. A terracotta pot serves as the base for the tree with several decorations with the mini gift boxes, glitter, cotton wool, bells and star. Besides the décor provided in the kit, they can give it their own personal touch while having a merry time. Price: Rs 399
- Wiliam Penn, this Christmas, brings to you the classic range of Lapis Bard Pens. Gift this special collection pens to your family or friends who love authentic premium writing instruments. The Classic Fountain Pen is sheer poetry with its wide-bodied barrel, sculpted in high grade metal. Crowned with a sloping tassie embellished with the Lapis Bard lyre, the lyre also appears on the beautifully decorated solid gold nib. The body and cap are finished with black lacquer and rhodium plated appointments. The pen has the option of cartridges or converter fills. These pens come with a guarantee for five years against manufacturing defects.Price: INR 17,500; Available at all William Penn stores
- All set to party this Christmas and New Year? Celebrate the season of festivities with with Ritika Bharwani collection. The stylised collection offers a wide array of evening gowns and with red and green gowns being the showstoppers.Price on Request; Available at : Ritika Bharwani Studio, 204, Turner Road, Bandra West
- Frazer and Haws gives you a brighter way to celebrate the festival of Christmas as it launches a new range of candle stands, vases, lamps and more. The collection also caputres beautiful Mother Mary and Jesus frames. The exclusive pieces, made for sterling silver, are a treasured possession to be gifted to your loved ones.Available at: Frazer and Haws, Shop No. 11, Main Market, Lodhi Colony, New Delhi.
The ethnic women’s wear brand, Biba Apparels, raises Rs 300 crore funds. The investment has been made by private equity firms Warburg Pincus and Faering Capital .
“The investment includes a primary fund raise and provides an exit to the existing investor, Future Lifestyle Fashions Ltd. The transaction is the largest private equity investment in the Indian ethnic wear market,” Biba said in a statement.
Art-tickles, is an initiative started by iGrow, committed to entrepreneurship & retail. As the name suggests, Art-tickles, is being developed as a community to promote and nurture the ‘Creativepreneurs’ and bringing forth entrepreneurs who have leveraged their creativity into their business. Art-tickles is a platform to bring a wide array of Creativepreneurs under one roof and promote their works across various products and service categories. We believe that pure creativity has no limits thus, the Creativepreneur could be a person who designs and makes products that are exclusive or custom made like apparel, jewellery, home decor, footwear, perfumes etc. and also, can be people who offer creative services, for instance, in the field of photography, sculpting, painting, cake baking, makeup and many other things. The only aim is to promote creative brands which at times go unnoticed in the mass market industry.
Going further the vision is to form a community and have skill based workshops, networking events, exhibitions, award night’s etc. where best practices are shared and propagated.
Come this 17th January 2014, Art-tickles will kick start the community by bringing together handpicked designers to showcase their products and services to a wide array of consumers at a 3 Day Event at The Stainless Art Gallery, Mira Corporate Suites, Ishwar Nagar (Near New Friends Colony), New Delhi.
You are invited to showcase:
|Exclusive, customised and non-mass market products
||Creative consumer dedicated services
- Home Furnishing/Home Improvement
- Kid’s uitlity
- Green Products
- Bakes & Cakes
- Gadget Customisation
- Beauty & Makeup
- Chocolate making
- SURPRISE US WITH MORE
- Benefits 360°:
- If your focus is creating a niche brand then Art-tickles is you platform. The event ensures you Benefits 360°:
- Brand Exclusivity: Help you create your own niche among consumers
- Brand Visibility: The brand will get a strong stand which at times goes unnoticed among mass market products.
- Dedicated audience: B2C & B2B
- Page 3 visitors
- Media Visibility
MAIL US AT : firstname.lastname@example.org
The Swedish retail brand, Hennes & Mauritz (H&M), has been given a nod of investing $115 billion (Rs 720 crore) in Indian retail market by the Foreign Investment Promotion Board (FIPB). With this approval, the retailer will set up fully owned subsidy in India.
It was earlier this year that world’s second largest fashion retailer had announced its plans to open 50 stores in India.
One of India’s renowned actress, Bipasha Basu, has launched her online selling portal. The portal, The Trunk Label, will be launching officially on 4th December under The Label Corp., the celebrity ecommerce company. But you can already visit the website and sign up for the future communications.
This is The Label Corp.’s third venture after they launches Sussane Roshan’s home decor portal and Malaika Arora Khan‘s fashion products portal. Bipasha’s ecommerce venture will be selling fashion accessories specially recommended and styled by the actress herself.
Bipasha will also be a stakeholder in the venture.
The multi-brand lifestyle online retailer, Koovs, has announced its plans to go public next year and get listed on the Aim, a sub-market of London Stock Exchange.
Koovs had recently brought on-board Asos ex-chairman Lord Waheed Alli and Robert Bready as Chairman and Creative & Retail Director, respectively.
Through the listing, Anant Nahata, the founder of Koovs, plans to raise GBP 22 million for the company. Nahata will be floating 35 per cent shares in the market and the rest will be divided among Nahata, Lord Alli and other management.
The site which started business as a deal site, in 2012 became a full-fledged online retail store, selling a wide array of lifestyle brands focused on women. Though the company soon plans to expand offerings to menswear as well.
India’s ace fashion designer, Manish Malhotra, opens first flagship store in New Delhi. Located at Mehrauli, the store spells traditional luxury as the products strongly focus on bridal wear and couture collections for both men and women.
The designer brings the ‘old world charm of opulent India’ in the city of old heritage by placing the standalone store in a haveli spread across 6000 sq ft. The decor is contemporary, and the primary colours used are grey and gold, which add an aura of elegance and encapsulates the mesmerizing charm of the designer’s signature style.
Store’s lavish grandeur retains the historic significance of an imperial haveli along with designer’s modern sensibilities to create a whole new world of refined luxury.
The store showcases the designer’s latest couture pieces, inspired from the 1930s to all his signature bridal collection and the latest Diffusion line, which is lighter and a modern collection that not just reflects the designer’s vision for younger minds but also his passion for Indian craftsmanship. It includes lehengas, saris, anarkalis, lighter luxe line of colour-blocked tunics with pants, cape tunics, sherwani jackets, ghagras and sharara pants for women. Men can choose from a range of bandgalas, bandi jackets, shirts and kurtas.
Collection showcases works such as Kashmiri, Chikankari, Phulkari, which have been important to Manish’s collections in the recent past.
As the winters set in and we feel the chill around, its time to go shopping for the season. We bring to you an ensemble of products which will make you look fab this winters. Walk in style even when that nose is red!
Here’s the list: Continue reading ’10 Must Haves’ this weekend – Autumn/Winter Special
So next time you walk in to the More Megastore, it will just not be your groceries but also your fashion needs that will be satiated as the modern retailer expands portfolio. From the house of Aditya Birla Group, More has added fashion apparel and footwear as a new segment to its product offerings.
Though the retailer has been selling various other brands in that segment, it is now that they introduce nine in-house brands. Speaking on the launch of the brands, Russell Berman, CEO – Hypermarkets, Aditya Birla Retail Limited said, “We are excited to expand our footprint to apparel and footwear. The category is a fast growing segment and is a daily need for most consumers.”
He further adds, “We wanted More Megastore to evolve and make it lot more relevant to a larger spectrum of consumers not just across the bigger towns but also to smaller cities like Vadodara, Indore, Mysore and more. By paying special attention to the need of new age customers, we have enhanced our offerings immensely.”
- Menswear: BlueEarth, Be Casuals & Kruff
- Womenswear: Karinee & Bjoyzz
- Kidswear: Chatter Kids and Yo
- Footwear: Berwins and Inchheels
It’s only a few people who realise their dreams and passions and even fewer have the strength to work towards making them in to reality. So from here on we will bring to such success stories, a part of our special initiative Art-tickles – Gangs of Creativepreneurs, to believe in “Never say Never”.
Our very first story of Art-tickles is about an idea which emerged with a sheer love of painting and art, Crazy Palette. Rishma Lath, who with a passion of art, moved towards a comfortable 9-6 job as an animator in her early years. But soon she realised that her passion and her creativity is not being justified by her desk job, and monotony made it even worse. Hence, she called it quits. Continue reading Art-tickles: The Art of Handpainting by Crazy Palette