Christmas as I have known has been a festival of colours, hapiness, winter in the air but warmth in the hearts, carols, Santa caps and frolic. We give you 10 Must Go Places for you to make the best of your Christmas eve. So eat, pray and enjoy!
10 must dos
- Sacred Heart Church in Delhi: The church placed in the heart of the city is a must visit on Christmas eve and a few days before. The church is beautifully decorated and various cultural and social programs are held. The most sought after festivities during Christmas is the Feast of the Holy Family of Nazareth and the Christmas Vigil Service an hour before midnight Christmas Eve.
- Pacific Mall, Tagore Garden this year gives your kids an opportunity to celebrate Christmas and New Year with their favourite cartoon, Doraemon. The mall will have the cartoon character visit the mall on both 25th December and 31st December. Moreover, the mall will be running various art and craft activities and competition including clay modeling, Origami, Dancing, Styling and Story-telling to engage kids. Moreover, shoppers who spend more than Rs 1500 will get an opportunity to participate in Doraemon race and the winners can take home gift vouchers. There is also a bowling alley which is put up at the mall, where the patron who manages to knock down all 10 pins will take home a surprise gift.
- This Christmas celebrate the expression of giving by partricipating in donation drive by www.giveindia.org. GiveIndia invites you to make the holiday season even merrier by gifting a donation to your loved ones this year. Touch the life of a less privileged individual as you put a smile on your friend or family member’s face as you donate on their behalf to a cause close to their heart. Become a secret Santa Claus!
- Indulge in special festive dessert menu at Country Of Origin. Spread the holiday cheer this season with sweet temptations and sinful treats perfect for the family, home entertainment and gifting. Beside the delightful dessert jars, vast array of patisserie and wicked chocolate preserves, COO brings to you Chocolate Almond Biscotti, Brandy Snaps, Shortbread Fingers and Cookies, Strawberry Custard Tart and many more.
- Cocktails & Dreams, Speakeasy is all set to make this Christmas a memorable one for all of you. The unique style bar celebrates its first anniversary on Christmas eve, with Indian film music through a power packed jazz ensemble on Tuesday, 24th December, 09:00 pm onwards. The Bolly-Jazz evening will feature Parvati M Krishnan, Pranai Gurung, Shikhar Prasad, Nathalie Ramirez and Nikhil Mawkin.
Cost: IMFL Package- Rs 2500 per person & Imported Package- Rs 3500 Per person
Available at SCO 23, Sector 15, Part II, Gurgaon Sector-15
- Grab upto 50 per cent discount on various slimming, spa and beauty packages at Pachouli- A Pure You as a part of “Christmas Bonanza”. It’s the time to celebrate and relax. Pachouli brings in the most exciting offer to look even more beautiful.
Available at 7B Rajindra Park, Pusa Road New Delhi – 110060
- Machan at Taj Mahal Hotel will be having special Christmas lunch on 25th December with special festive dishes with Turkey and Champagne by the poolside. Cost: Rs 4500 per person
- With Christmas and festivities just round the corner Nico‘s Nico Bombay, brings chef’s special Christmas menu. A special 5 course meal with Amuse Bouche, Salad / Hors d’ouvre, Sorbet, Mains and Dessert. Special menu includes Sinclair’s Duck, Boulevardier, Salted Caramel and chocolate fondant with hazelnut crumble, Salted Cantaloupe sorbet and others.
Cost: 5 course meal with wine pairing: Rs 3000 per head and Rs 2000 without wine.
- Viviana Mall, Thane will be running special activities until 1st January 2014. The activities will include Santa’s Treasure Room, where in shoppers will have to shop for Rs 2000 and above and enter Santa’s Treasure Room full of gifts and other surprises. Christmas puzzles, karaoke, sweet fiesta to learn to make your favourite Christmas goodies, gift wrapping workshop, photobooth set up for the family, and the ‘Minute to win it’ games.