NASSCOM has been upbeat about start-ups in India and taking this passion forward, as a part of its 10,000 Startups initiative has inaugurated the first co-working warehouse. Located in Bangalore, the warehouse has been setup in collaboration with Government of Karnataka.
The warehouse is aimed at providing a well-connected world class office space for tech startups and to be a center of innovation, collaboration and entrepreneurship. NASSCOM has already received about 2000 Expression of Interests for the warehouse as it was part of the 10,000 Start-ups application process. Further, the selection would be finalised by a selection committee comprising of stakeholders from the government as well as the industry.
Highlighting the facets of the 10,000 Start-ups program and the warehouse, KK Natarajan , Chairman, NASSCOM said, “Within the first 150 days of its inception, the 10,000 startup program has received an overwhelming response and achieved numerous milestones in this short journey. The launch of the warehouse facility for startup companies in Karnataka is yet another milestone to create, sustain and boost the entrepreneurship culture within the state.”
Specifications of the Startup Warehouse:
- Total area –10,000 sq. ft.(approx.)
- No. of seats – 70 (approx.)
- Infrastructural specifications –
- 100% power backup
- Leased internet line
- 4+ meeting rooms
- Nasscom Opens ‘Startup Warehouse’ Co-Working and Incubation Space in Bangalore (techinasia.com)
- NASSCOM, SIDBI ink partnership for MSME development in INDIA (industrialloops.wordpress.com)
- Government to incubate start-ups (thehindu.com)