Indian Angel Network (IAN), the network of angel investors spread across key cities of the country including Pune, Delhi, Bangalore and Mumbai, are now eyeing the cities of Eastern India as they plan to set up base in Kolkata.
The move will accelerate the investments by IAN in states including West Bengal, Jharkhand, Orissa along with North Eastern states. Along with this, the network has also tied up with technology service arm of Usha Martin Group, Usha Martin Technologies.
According to IAN, they have been approached by a number of entrepreneurs from the Eastern region which encouraged them to leverage this region.
- A network of 250 investor members from around the world comprising of entrepreneurs and CEOs of leading institutions
- Funded 50 start-ups across multiple sectors like IT, mobile, Internet, healthcare, e-commerce, gaming and education
- In 2011, IAN invested over USD 8 million in 11 startups, whereas in 2012, it invested USD 11 million, making it almost a deal every 3 weeks
- Few of its portfolio startups include Aurus Network, Alma Mater, Vienova, Druvaa Softwares, Kwench, Gamiana and Peelworks
- Starup Event concludes at Bangalore (igrowcommunity.wordpress.com)
- Creating unique leather products effortlessly (oceanoverseaexportstarleather.wordpress.com)
- ‘Keep minimum holding period for investing flexible’ (news.in.msn.com)