One of India’s leading automobile company, Ford India, announced the opening of its first-ever dealership, Saharsh Ford, in Sikkim. With the launch, the brand plans to expand its reach to tier II and III towns of India, getting to more and more consumers.
Photo via: www.autojunction.in
The dealership will offer facilities of both showroom and service centres and will be located on the main Siliguri-Gangtok road for easy access of consumers. The showroom is spread across an area of 2500 sq ft, while the workshop spreads over 12000 sq ft and is is equipped to provide world-class ambience and unmatched service to the customers. A dedicated team of trained technicians equipped with the latest service tools and diagnostic equipment, state-of-the-art body repair shop and computerized facilities will attend to every need of the customers.
Ford recently launched its EcoSport recently which reached a sales mark of 8,771 vehicles in combined wholesales and exports in June 2013.
Facts about For India:
- Footprint in the eastern region reaches to 18 dealerships
- With a total of 260 sales and service outlets across 138 cities in India, over 40 percent of the sales and service network growth has been in tier II and III cities
- The aggressive sales and service network expansion is in tune to support Ford’s global plan of increasing worldwide sales by mid-decade to 8 million vehicles a year
- Of that figure, 60 to 70 percent is expected to come from the Asia Pacific and Africa region
- The Hot-Selling Ford SUV You Don’t Know About (fool.com)
- Ford launches SUV EcoSport, prices it at a sensationally low Rs 5.59 lakh (sunandchronicle.wordpress.com)
- Ford drives in compact EcoSport (thehindu.com)
- Ford EcoSport launched in India at Rs 5.59 lakh, gets 10 variants (ibnlive.in.com)