The retail launch of new MacBook Air 2013 models has been officially announced, a month after the series was launched globally. The market reports suggest that the new line will be available at retail stores; 11-inch model comes with a starting price tag of Rs 67,900, while the 13-inch will be available at Rs 74,900 and above.
What more, the new range will be a part of Apple’s Back To School campaign. The offer is that qualifying students and teachers can avail a maximum of Rs 8,000 off on the 11-inch variant or up to Rs 11,000 on the higher version. A good way of selling more, indeed.
Why should you buy?
- Amazing battery backup: 13-inch model will offer around 12 hours of activity on a single charge, while the 11-inch will deliver nearly nine hours.
- Latest processor: Intel’s Haswell
- High Wi-Fi standards: 802.11ac precisely
- fourth generation Core i5 with dual cores with a 1.3GHz clock speed
- HD Graphics 5000 and 4GB of LPDDR3 RAM
- mini DisplayPort, HDMI, a 720p FaceTime HD webcam, a Thunderbolt socket and USB 3.0
- Storage option:128GB and 256GB flash memory
- The beauty spot: LED-backlit glossy display with 1,440 x 900 resolution
- Size and weight: 0.68 inch thick, 0.11-inch terminal edge, 12.8 inches wide, 8.9 inches deep and weighs nearly 1.35 kgs
- Full Review: mid-2013 11-inch Apple MacBook Air (electronista.com)
- The 2013 MacBook Air Review (13-inch) (anandtech.com)
- Week in Reviews: MacBook Air 11-inch (2013), Lenovo IdeaPad Yoga 11s (laptopmag.com)
- Haswell vs. Ivy Bridge: A Look at Old and New (pcmag.com)