The services will be available at a starting price of Rs 750 per month, giving startups, SMEs and individuals to set up beautiful online shops within minutes, and accept secure credit card payments for goods and services.
In India, Shopify will let the new entreprenuers to establish business online that will help them put stronger focus on branding, and brick-and-mortar retailers who want to take their products online.
Shopify lets users customise the store, keep track of orders and manage customer data via a web browser. The platform provides features including hosting, beautifully designed templates, a web dashboard to manage products and orders, a secure shopping cart, SEO tools, 24 hours customer service support, mobile optimized stores, and an iOS app which offers merchants the convenience of managing their business while on-the-go.
Special features for Indian customers:
- Shopify apps that help merchants extend the functionality of their store, and market their business online (e.g. referral apps, e-mail marketing apps, SEM services)
- Customer support to help with store set up
- The ability to collect online payments through their Shopify store. Shopify supports PayPal, DirecPay and PayU in India. PayU conveniently accepts Visa/ Mastercard Credit Card and debit cards from more than 50 banks.
- Free Advertising credits on Facebook and Google
- Sign up to Shopify and enjoy attractive shipping rates in the coming months
Globally, Shopify operates in over 100 counters and has offered its solution to nearly 50,000 online stores with annual sales exceeding $1.5 billion.